Monday, December 1, 2014

Career Services

     I recently participated in an online seminar through ASU to help build a portfolio.  I'd never participated in an online seminar before so it was an interesting experience.  The nice part about the seminar being online was that the slideshow and all the other materials were made available for download so that I could view them later.  The presenter also fielded questions when people had them and made her email available to those who had questions after the presentation.  If your schedule is tight, I would highly recommend online seminars because you can access them from home.
     The presenter mainly talked about how to build a good portfolio to have when trying to get future positions.  It was highly emphasized to use multiple forms of social media to extend your network.  I learned about the value of having a good resume, cover letter, letters of recommendation, and other resources to help build a portfolio.  I don't have as much for my portfolio now as I will later on but the information was extremely helpful and now I'll have the PowerPoint slides for the future if I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment