For my interview, I profiled David Moody, who is a Intelligence Analyst for the U.S. Marine Corps.
What are their main job responsibilities?
Perform a timely analysis and dissemination of intelligence in response to needs of various customers to include government agencies like the FBI, CIA, etc.
How did they choose this career?
When I asked, he said, "Chose it because honestly it sounded cool, but realistically because I wanted to contribute to the well being of the country."
What type of education or training is needed for this position?
Foreign language proficiency, basic digital network knowledge, excellent analysis skills, and good organization.
What advice would they give to someone interested in this field?
David said, "Be patient. You don't make breakthroughs every week or sometimes even every month, but be patient and definitely don't be afraid to ask for help. Collaboration is huge and having additional insight to issues is unbelievably helpful at times."
Do they notice any new trends in the field?
David said, "Technology changes all the time and that changes how our adversaries go about themselves so you constantly have to be in the know about tech trends, especially in the communication field." He goes on further to say that situations like that of Edward Snowden, when intelligence is leaked, makes his job much tougher and 10 times less effective.
Why would you be interested in this career or position?
To be honest, I considered joining the service before I started attending ASU. At the time, David had been in the Marine Corps for a couple of years already and told me all about it when I was able to see him. As I'm about to graduate, I'm still not completely sure what I want to do yet but I know I'll figure it out soon. It's possible I'd consider joining the Marine Corps for a while and try to pursue a position like David's.
No comments:
Post a Comment