Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Roommates

     At one point or another, some of us live with roommates whether it be for a short or extended period of time.  I'm lucky to say that I've had nothing but awesome roommates ever since I moved to Tempe last September.  I was nervous when I first decided to move to Tempe because I took over someone's lease and was moving in with 3 complete strangers.  Upon first visiting the apartment, I only was able to meet two of the three.  The two roommates that I did meet were foreign students that didn't seem like they knew much English.  I had nothing against them because they were foreign students, I was just concerned that I wouldn't be able to communicate with them. 
    After only living there for a week I already enjoyed the company of my roommates.  They were all very fun to hang out with and we got along quite well.  I was fairly surprised because I always had my doubts about having roommates, but those all went away pretty quick.  I've been living with two other roommates when the others moved out earlier in the year and even they are great.  I almost can't believe how lucky I've been to get to live with such fun people.  I'm a little sad because at the end of December I'll be leaving Tempe to stay with my parents for a little bit until I start a new job.  I'm not sure if I'll end up having roommates again when I get another place, but I'm certainly glad that I was open to the experience. 

3 comments:

  1. It's good for you to meet with nice roommates. I also live with 3 other girls and our apartment has a lot of fun every day. There must be another kind of fun living with foreigners. You can share different types of food and different cultures. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its great that you have always had nice roomates. I have only had one roomate during my first two years out here and even though we both graduated last May we still keep in contact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roommates can bring a lot of good time and memories if you mess well. The time I spent with roommates was awesome, and I definitely wouldn't have traded it for anything.

    ReplyDelete