Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Things learned from the internship

     Looking back at my first post, I think I could say that I met my initial goals.  I may not know every detail of the inner workings of the Chandler Chamber of Commerce, but I was able to obtain a general idea of some day-to-day operations.  They're much more involved than I ever would have thought.  I was able to meet some very nice people along the way.  Everyone in the office was very friendly and I was able to meet other people through meetings and events.
     As far as my last goal is concerned, I've decided that working for a chamber of commerce isn't something that I would be interested in after graduation.  It's nothing against the chamber of commerce, but I just don't have as much interest as I thought working at that capacity.  I've already been coming to terms with the fact that I want to work for the private sector first so this isn't too much of a surprise.  I did learn some valuable things while interning though.  It's important to make sure and stay organized so that you know what's going on.  It's also important to not be afraid to pick up the phone if you need to get things done.

1 comment:

  1. Its great to here that you were able to meet all your goals that you set out to accomplish at the start of your internship. good luck to you in your next job or internship.

    ReplyDelete