I'm currently in the middle of my last semester at ASU and I'm a little torn on how I feel about it. As graduation approaches, people have been asking me how I feel and I'm never quite sure what to say. The feeling hasn't hit me yet and I think it's because I've really enjoyed my experience at ASU. From the second I became an official student of the school last summer, I was extremely excited to begin my life as a Sun Devil. The atmosphere and the school spirit had me more excited than I'd ever been to attend classes. I also decided to move to Tempe last September and I can't tell you how great it's been ever since.
Previously, I was taking classes at Glendale Community College for over 4 years. I originally only meant to be there two years and then transfer, but then life happened and things went a little differently, as I'm sure some of you can relate. Attending a community college seemed exciting at first because college was so new, but after a while I began to dislike it because it was a constant reminder of how I hadn't moved on yet. I had some great professors and met some cool people along the way. Community college is a great and very affordable place to start, but I personally wish I could have started at ASU when I was fresh out of high school.
Being an ASU student has been exciting for many reasons, as I'm sure some of you know. I love that everyone is always showing school spirit and wearing ASU gear. I experienced all-nighters in the library for the first time in my life. The campus is so large and has so much to offer. More than anything else, I love attending ASU football games and I couldn't have been any luckier to be at some of the big games (USC and U of A) last season. It's awesome to be in a "college town" surrounded by thousands of college students. After being in college for six years (the Van Wilder route), I can easily say that I'm ready to graduate, but I've definitely enjoyed my time here and I'm a proud Sun Devil.
I went through the same thing last year when my first 4 years were finally up and it was time for me to graduate. There are many things I definitely miss about the Tempe campus and wish I could still be a part of. Even though its coming to an end you will never forget the great times you had at this great place.
ReplyDeleteI will miss college too and I hope you enjoyed your last semester. Were you able to attend every football game this season?
ReplyDelete