Friday, November 21, 2014

Last day at Fry's

     Today was my last day at Fry's Food and Drug.  I've been working there for almost eight years and today was what felt like the end of an era.  Fry's is the only company I've ever worked for and I've been working there since I was 16.  I started out as a courtesy clerk pushing carts in the summer heat and quickly progressed to a pharmacy technician when I turned 18.  Now at 24, I almost can't believe how much time as passed.  Being a pharmacy technician was a real eye opener at times.  I never realized how many customers would love me and hate me at times, but one thing is definitely certain, you can't please everyone. 
     Nothing really felt different until I clocked out for the last time.  I quickly began to realize there was a lot of great people that I may never see again.  I've had the pleasure of getting to know many patients over the years and some of them I would easily consider friends.  Many of them wished me luck in the future and it almost made me teary eyed.  The job itself can be a real pain in the neck sometimes, but I've met a lot of great people along the way that helped shape who I am today.  I never anticipated working in the pharmacy for so long, but I'll always cherish the friends I've made because of my job and the experiences I've had over the years.  It was a great experience and I'll never forget it.  I always thought I'd be ecstatic on my last day, but honestly I'm a little sad.  It was a great run while it lasted and I'll always appreciate everything that my Fry's family has done for me. 

4 comments:

  1. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience, and have something to look back on and cherish. This is a very important time for you! What is your next endeavor? I wish you the best of luck on your future career's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good to here that you enjoyed your time at Fry's, and I have always felt like that when I leave a job for a new start. Good luck on your future career goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to your last day because I quit my job at the Phoenix Public Library in downtown. I have been working there since I was in high school. I did not expect to get a bit sad as well.

    ReplyDelete