Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Typical Day at the Chamber

     I work at the Chandler Chamber of Commerce three days a week on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.  I usually come in around 9:30 and will stay till 1.  If there's an event that day (which is usually Friday) I will arrive a few hours earlier as these events may start at 7 or 8 a.m.  I start my day by logging in to the computer and checking email to see if there's any updates I need to review or people I need to get back to.  I'll usually receive at least one email in regards to the How We Stand document and from there I'll update the document and update the list of people that have responded.  After that I'll start reviewing the document to see if there are any grammatical errors or sentence structuring issues that need to be addressed.  As you can tell, I spend a great deal of time handling the How We Stand document.  The draft is quite large in size at the moment, which is why I spend most of my day reviewing it (at least for the time being). 
     When I'm not reviewing How We Stand, I'm doing anything else that Terri (my boss and CEO of the Chamber) asks me to do.  She's usually in a meeting or on the phone when I come in, so I may not hear from her initially.  When I do, she will usually have me contact certain people via email/phone or review other documents that need tending to.  I also have to look at the schedule and make sure that the speakers that are coming to future meetings have been confirmed.  I'll reach out to the speakers to confirm, get their bio/head shot, and update the schedule to reflect my progress.  Since Britta (other public policy intern) is leaving, I'm sure there will be other things that I will have to do on a daily basis, but I haven't been assigned those tasks quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment