Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Making Adjustments

It's been almost a month since I started my internship with the Chandler Chamber of Commerce.  I've been learning more about the "office" environment than I ever knew before.  It's so much different working in an office in comparison to my job as a pharmacy tech inside of a busy grocery store.  The office is much quieter and obviously less populated than my normal work environment.  As a pharmacy technician, I'm subject to being pulled from many different directions at any given time because there are customers all around me. In the office, I essentially only have one person telling me what I need to do or asking me to perform various tasks. 

As much as I've been known to gripe about working in retail, I surprisingly miss the daily customer interaction when I'm working in the office.  I only get to talk to a few people in the office because everyone else is in a different department and I never really have a need to chat with them.  The rest of my interactions are via email or telephone and I don't really feel that personal connection when I have to communicate by these means.  Although I can sit in the office and do my work in peace, it's not quite the environment that I want to venture to after graduation.  It seems I still have a lot of thinking to do in regards to future careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment