Things have been going very well so far. I'm steadily becoming acclimated and learning everything I need to know. The other intern that has been mentoring me (Britta) has been extremely helpful and helping me become familiar with the things I need to know. However, we only work together once a week because we mostly intern on different days. Tomorrow is her last day and luckily she left me a sheet with other things I need to know/do so that was extremely helpful. I feel much more comfortable about my daily responsibilities than I did when I first started. It can just be a little stressful at times because I don't have someone watching over my shoulder telling me what to do, but I've been getting a general idea on the tasks I should be focused on when I arrive at the office.
Lately, I've been reviewing and editing the 2015 How We Stand document that the Chandler Chamber of Commerce will be putting out soon. As I may (or may not) have mentioned before this document basically talks about the issues within the City of Chandler as well as regional issues and our stance. The Chamber reaches out to many people for input and as these people respond I take their input and incorporate it into the document. I'm also getting ready for the next Public Policy meeting that will be taking place on 9/26. It'll be my job to introduce the speakers and in preparation I'm putting together a small PowerPoint with speaker bios.
No comments:
Post a Comment