Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Managing Time

Ever since I transferred to ASU last summer, it's been very interesting trying to manage my time well.  I've been taking 18 credit hours per semester while working part-time and needless to say there's not much time to waste.  Last fall was definitely an eye opener because I had more school work than I ever had at the community college level.  Some nights were definitely spent in Hayden Library with my eyes glued to the computer screen, trying to crank out papers and other assignments due the next day.  Spring semester was slightly easier only because I already knew all the time I was going to need to sacrifice in order to be successful in my classes.  I admit, I was humbled at times during that semester but I persevered. 

This semester is like nothing I've ever experienced before.  I now must manage my time between school, work, and the internship.  Three days a week, my day will start at 8 a.m. and I usually don't get home till after 10 p.m.  Those are the days that I do the internship and then I go straight to work afterwards.  On school days I'm only out of the apartment from 3 p.m. to maybe 9:30-10 p.m.  Sometimes I have to work Saturdays and that leaves even less time to do homework.  The key is to always do homework whenever there is time, even if there's little of it.  In retrospect, I probably should have done this internship over the summer.

1 comment:

  1. The school work at college level in some ways surprised me a lot since before I came to the US I thought the school work should be as easy as the high school in the US, but now I feel that I went back to Chinese high school again with a lot of assignments to do everyday. But anyways, it is already midterm, and all we need is just to struggle for the rest half of the semester.

    ReplyDelete